Sidbury United top three Fresha hopes ended with Bow defeat
- Credit: Archant
Sidbury United had their hopes of a Fresha League top flight top three finish ended after a Wednesday night 3-1 defeat to Bow AAC.
The Byes Lane outfit have been hit by an extraordinary injury list that saw no fewer than eleven players unavailable to manger Jeremy Schofield for the Bow game!
Schofield says: “It’s a real pain and it’s a situation I have not been in before. To have 11 players out is simply unprecedented and right now I am wondering if I’ll have enough lads to field a team against Topsham Town on Saturday!”
United were level at the break against Bow thanks to a Connor Hannaford goal, but the course of the game changed once the Mid Devon side were awarded a disputed penalty that they slotted to seal the points.
Earlier in the week United were 2-0 winners over Willand Rovers Reserves with goals from Dan Churchill and Jamie Bayliss.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the Bow defeat United will now finish fourth in the Premier Division which is an outstanding achievement given that this time last year they were plying their trade in Division One.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat