Sidford Short Mat Bowling Club title for Thompson
Sidford Short Mat Bowling Club recently held their annual handicap singles competition.
One of the quarter finalists, Betty Smith, unfortunately was unable to play having broken her arm a few days after qualifying!
That meant that her last eight opponent Andy Thompson had a bye into the semi-finals.
The other quarter finalists were Bernard Perrigo, Peter Ellis, Paul Wooster, Jean Frewin, Rupert C-White and Tony Lavers.
Perrigo beat Ellis, Frewin beat Wooster and C-White beat Lavers. All these games were very close.
You may also want to watch:
In the semi-finals Thompson beat Frewin and C-White beat Perrigo. Rupert C-White had a very successful afternoon beating two former champions to reach the final. After some excellent bowling Thompson emerged as 2014 champion.
The club Annual Invitation Tournament takes place on Saturday June 29, when eight teams from across East Devon will be visiting.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
The club meets every Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon between 2pm and 4pm, all year round. Being an indoor game weather does not stop play! If you are interested in finding out more about this very enjoyable game please call in on club afternoons at Sidford Social Hall, Byes Lane, Sidford, or call 01395 579678 for further details.