Sidford Tennis club looking ahead to another summer season
- Credit: Archant
Sidford Tennis Club is gearing up for another summer of tennis and looking to welcome new members, young and old and of any standard, to join them at the club’s home near the Byes, Sidbury.
This year will see a continuation of the very popular Friday morning Cardio and Coffee sessions and the junior programme and new ideas see the club offer even more sessions for adult beginners and improvers.
The first thing that is almost upon us is the 2017 annual general meeting which takes place on March 23 with a 7pm start.
The meeting will discuss, amongst other things, the ongoing clubhouse improvements.
There is an Open Day planned for Sunday, April 9 when it is hoped lots of folk will get along to see what the club has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
In terms of the junior coaching; Friday April 14 sees a series of Good Friday Easter team challenges for boys and girls, including tennis, table tennis, quiz, swedish handball/netball/football.
The following Friday (April 21) there’s the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) Tennis for Kids being launched. This is free coaching at Sidford for the five years to eight years age group who have never played tennis before.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
Also on April 21, there’ll be TOTS tennis which is specifically geared to the three years old to five years old age group.
The popular junior coaching sessions also kick back in on April 21 with various age groups from five to 18 years being coaches at varying times from 4.15pm to 8pm.
Adult coaching can also be accommodated and the club are keen to hear from interested people. It is hoped that session could be run, in the main, on summer evenings, probably a Friday from 7pm to 8pm.
The club will again be offering league tennis for those who like that sort of things. There’s set to be ladies, men’s and mixed teams.
Future events for tennis folk to put into their 2017 diaries are; Monday, June 19, the start of Queens Club, Monday, July 3, the start of Wimbledon on Sunday, July 23, Sidford’s Great British Tennis Weekend.
For further information about joining the club or any queries then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Based on last year’s success, the club is expecting a busy summer again and there are only limited spaces available for the Easter challenges and coaching.
For further details, and to reserve your sessions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org