Sidmouth 2nds clear top after win at Cornwood
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth II sit top of the Tolchards Devon League 2nd XI Premier Division after a four wicket win in a low scoring affair at Cornwood.
Batting first, the home side struggled against some accurate bowling with three players; Finn Wardrop (2-10), Charlie Dibble (2-20) and Toby Simmons (2-23), each claiming a brace of wickets.
Sidmouth did lose six wickets themselves in the run chase, but Charlie Griffiths, with 45, and Matt Hewer, with 34, ensured that they bagged a third victory in as many early season games to sit 11 points clear.
This Saturday (June 4), the 2nd XI travel to face a Heathcoat II side that have yet to win a game and sit bottom of the table.
In stark contrast to the early term success for the 2nd XI, Sidmouth 3rds sit bottom of the B Division East table and are the only side in the section without a win after they went down by seven wickets at Seaton.
You may also want to watch:
A meagre total of 94 would have been far less had it not been for a battling 40 from Miles Dalton - and 27 extras!
As it was, the home side cruised home and this Saturday the Fortfield third team will hope to break their duck when they entertain Chudleigh.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients