Sidmouth 2nds make it six from six as they see off Kilmington
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth 2nds continue to be all-conquering in their C Division East campaign and they made it six wins from six outings with a 92-run win over Kilmington.
Isaac Thomas (76), Byron Knowles (64) and skipper Anthony Griffiths were the principle scorers in a big total of 278-6 from their 45 overs.
Visiting Kilmington, who had won every game they had played since their opening day defeat, were bowled out for 186 with Daley Holmes (3-12), Ed Hurley (2-24), Charlie Dibble (2-40) and Byron Knowles (2-44) amongst the wickets.
Kilmington skipper Brett Garner was mightily impressed with the way the Fortfield men went about their business.
Post match he said: “They [Sidmouth 2nds] are comfortably the best side we have played in a league game in many, many seasons. They are a threat with bat and ball and their fielding was very sharp too.”
You may also want to watch:
You might think that after his side were well beaten the Kilmington skipper might be a tad ‘anti’ the all-through league. Far from it, though, as he added: “I welcome the likes of Sidmouth 2nds being in the division with us. First and foremost it was a real cricketing honour to get to play both at Fortfield and on a wicket which was so true. It was also a great experience for us to go head-to-head with such a strong side and I’d happily play that sort of opposition on a regular basis as it must improve our own game playing against such quality.”
Tomorrow (Saturday) Sidmouth 2nds are involved in the C Division East match-of-the-day when they travel to Ottery St Mary, the side that sit second to them in the table.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend