Sidmouth 2nds win well at Budleigh II
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 2nds were three wicket winners in their meeting with Budleigh Salterton at their Ottermouth home.
The hosts batted first and were never able to get on top of some excellent all-round Sidmouth bowling.
Eight bowlers were used by the visitors’ and six of them got wickets as Budleigh were bowled out for 186 in 34.4 overs.
Dec Lines, with 3-22 in five overs, had the best return. Then other wicket takers were; Henry Gater (2-17 in 3.4). Charlie Dibble (2-25 in 9), Will Gater (1-46 in five), Joe Griffiths (1-16 in five) and Miles Dalton (1-16 in six).
Saj Patidar and Dec Lines launched the reply, but were separated early on with Lines dismissed for six. Nick Mansfield was next man in, and out, as he succumbed for four, but that brought Henry Gater to the middle and he and Patidar rebuilt the reply and began to turn it into a run chase!
You may also want to watch:
Patidar eventually fell for 34 and was followed to the pavilion by Gater who ended with the team’s highest contribution of 45. Marc Jenkins (26), Will Gater (21) and Miles Dalton (14), all chipped in and it was left to Joe Griffiths (14 not out) and Charlie Dibble (0 not out) to see the visitors overt the winning line.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients