Sidmouth 2nds win well in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 2nd XI were good value for a 76-run win at North Devon II.
The win was born out of a good all-round show with then bowlers, in particular, coming to the fore.
Sidmouth skipper Saj Patidar did not need to think twice about batting first after winning then toss and he and Robbie Powell put on 50 for the first wicket. The skipper scored 33 and Powell chipped in with 27.
However, once the openers had been returned to the pavilion the middle order were unable to capitalise and began to get bogged down by some accurate home slow bowling.
Dec Lines (44) batted patiently, but lost a number of partners along the way. It was only the arrival at the wicket of Miles Dalton (23) that the tempo was increased and the Sidmouth innings closed on 176.
You may also want to watch:
In recent weeks 2nd XI skipper Patidar has been looking for the right new ball pairing and, at Instow, the new ball duties were given to Joe Griffiths and Toby Seldon and the youngsters both delivered fine nine over spells, each bagging a couple of richly deserved wickets along the way.
Miles Dalton and Charlie Dibble continued the good work fro the opening pair and home wickets were taken at regular intervals with the final one falling with the score board showing 100.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth