Sidmouth 3rd XI suffer first defeat of league season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 3rd XI suffered their first defeat of the F Division East season when they went down by a margin of 19 runs on their visit to Seaton 2nds.
The home side won the toss and batted first, but were bundled out for just 138 in 37 overs.
It was teenager Jordan Fowler who topped the bowling returns with his figures being 4-17 from seven overs while Jack Beattie claimed 2-26 from five. Wes Holmes (2-34 from eight) and Lee Clayden (1-13 from seven) were the other wicket takers.
However, if the mid-innings interval had the Sidmouth faithful thinking they’d have an easy run chase to wrap up a fourth straight success, then they were in for a nasty surprise! The top score in the reply was the 18 that came from the bat of number six Wes Holmes while number five bat Jordan Fowler was the ‘best of the rest’ with his score of 16. There were only three other double figure scores with opener Jash Patidar hitting 11 and batsmen eight and nine, San Adams and Lee Clayden, both returned scores of 10 as the Sidmouth reply ended with them being bowled out for 119 in 31.4 overs.
? Saturday’s Fortfield action sees the 1st XI host Bradninch while the 2nds are at Exeter 2nds and the 3rd XI travel to Shobrooke Park.
You may also want to watch:
? In next week’s Sidmouth Herald we will be reflecting on the conclusion of a first Test series for Dom Bess, who is currently playing in the 2nd test against Pakistan at Headingley.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford