Sidmouth A marching on in Over-60s Triples League
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth enjoyed a closely fought match against a mixed team of four rinks from Heavitree on Monday, writes Ron Cook.
Once again the match was contested in splendid weather.
The rink scores ended two-all, but Heavitree edged the overall result, winning 79-72.
The best Sidmouth rink was the one that included club captain John Greenway who, together with Rob Wheaton, Bert Hague and Paddy Wrench landed a 26-17 win.
On Tuesday there was a visit from touring side Melyn United Bowls Club, Neath, near Port Talbot for a match consisting of six mixed-rinks.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth lady captain Val Newnham led the way for she linked up with Jean green, Gordon Brown and Ray Tallent to secure a 28-16 win.
Sidmouth played very well overall and emerged victorious to the tune of a 137-106 success.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 7 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 8 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
In the Exeter and District Over-60s League the Sidmouth A squad made sure their wonderful run continued as they chalked up another win and six more points.
Playing at Honiton, Bob Seldon, Bob Daniels and John Mason scored one shot on the last end to pip Honiton 26-25.
The C squad were also in action, they secured a single point in their match against Dawlish Marina whilst the B squad lost on both rinks against Topsham B.