Sidmouth A quickly return to Over-60s Triples’ League winning ways
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth took six mixed rinks to Topsham where the match was played in scorching sunshine on slick and fast green, writes Ron Cook.
Both teams produced some fine bowling in the conditions and the rinks were shared three each.
However, Topsham emerged as the overall winners by virtue of shot difference.
The best of the Sidmouth winning rinks was the one of; Marie Irvine, Derek Mountford, Elaine Reed and skip John Mason who won 28-20.
In the Exeter and District Over-60s Triples League Sidmouth A still top the Division One table in spite of the fact that they picked up no points from their match at Heavitree!
You may also want to watch:
In a close contest the home side won by a margin of five shots.
Sidmouth B banked four points from a home draw whilst Sidmouth C once again found the going tough at Tiverton West End where they conceded 27 shots.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
However, more recently the A squad were quickly back to winning ways as they defeated Pinces A by a single shot to bank six more points.In what proved to be a good latest round of matches in the Triples League both the B and C squads also picked up victories banking six and eight points respectively.