Sidmouth all set for the Tolchards League ‘Match of the Day’
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Heathcoat clash at Knightshayes on Saturday in the Premier Division match of the day, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Sidmouth are 40 points clear of Heathcoat at the top of the table with five games and 100 points to go.
A Sidmouth win will make it virtually impossible for anyone to catch them in the final month of the season
Heathcoat are on the back of a four-match unbeaten run which continued last Saturday when they beat Exmouth by seven wickets.
If Heathcoat pull off a win the contest say live for a week or two more.
You may also want to watch:
Brad Barnes, the Heathcoat captain knows a win on its own won’t be enough though.
“Realistically we need Sidmouth to lose two of their last five games,” said Barnes.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
“Even if we do win down there we still need someone to do us a favour.”
Sidmouth captain Luke Bess is playing his cards close to his chest ahead of the big game.
“We are looking forward to a big game against a side that’s going well,” said Bess.
Sidmouth will leave it late to name a side as they have doubts over opening batsman Liam Lewis due to injury.
A combination of back and groin problems forced Bess to withdraw from the Devon team that played Oxfordshire at Exeter earlier in the week.
“We are hoping Liam will be ready,” said Bess.