Sidmouth all set for the Tolchards League ‘Match of the Day’
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Heathcoat clash at Knightshayes on Saturday in the Premier Division match of the day, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Sidmouth are 40 points clear of Heathcoat at the top of the table with five games and 100 points to go.
A Sidmouth win will make it virtually impossible for anyone to catch them in the final month of the season
Heathcoat are on the back of a four-match unbeaten run which continued last Saturday when they beat Exmouth by seven wickets.
If Heathcoat pull off a win the contest say live for a week or two more.
You may also want to watch:
Brad Barnes, the Heathcoat captain knows a win on its own won’t be enough though.
“Realistically we need Sidmouth to lose two of their last five games,” said Barnes.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
“Even if we do win down there we still need someone to do us a favour.”
Sidmouth captain Luke Bess is playing his cards close to his chest ahead of the big game.
“We are looking forward to a big game against a side that’s going well,” said Bess.
Sidmouth will leave it late to name a side as they have doubts over opening batsman Liam Lewis due to injury.
A combination of back and groin problems forced Bess to withdraw from the Devon team that played Oxfordshire at Exeter earlier in the week.
“We are hoping Liam will be ready,” said Bess.