Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club honour stars of the season
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) held their annual awards on the evening of the final matchday of the 2016/17 season.
The awards were held at the Sidmouth Golf Club and, as ever, there was an excellent turnout of members who all enjoyed a superb evening.
In terms of the awards, the top player awards saw Rebecca Bond crowned the ladies’ 1st XI Player of the Year whilst, for the men’s 1st XI, that honour went to Sam Cortinhas.
Henry Mutter was crowned Young Player of the Year for the boys and Alice Pease took the girl’s Young Player of the Year award.
In terms of the Clubman award, that went to George Powell while Karen Dutton took the Club Woman of the Year (The Dutton Trophy).
You may also want to watch:
The ladies’ 2nd XI were crowned SOHC Team of the Year for their wonderful league campaign that saw them finish second and secure promotion.
The full list of playing awards was:
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
Ladies’ XI Player of the Year: 1st XI – Rebecca Bond; 2nd XI – Frankie Elliott; 3rd XI – Anna Moroz; 4th XI – Millie Jarrett.
Men’s Player of the Year: 1st XI Sam Cortinhas; 2nd XI Greg Jolly; 3rd XI Dan Vincent; 4th XI Treeve Harris; 5th XI James Plant.
Young Player (M) Henry Mutter; Young Player (F) Alice Please; Most Improved Player (M) Treeve Harris; Most Improved Player (F): Katie Underwood; Gerald Skinner Trophy – Heather Scott; John Parbury Award – Steve Ellison; Clubman – George Powell; Club Woman (Dutton Trophy) – Karen Dutton; Team of the Year – Ladies 2nd XI, for finishing second in their league and gaining promotion.