Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club restart junior sessions on Sunday mornings
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club’s Junior Academy is starting up again for the new season this coming Sunday (September 28).
The Academy provides coaching and competitive team hockey for boys and girls in school years for to eleven and delivered by qualified and experienced England Hockey coaches.
The arrangements have slightly changed for this season at the Sidmouth and Ottery Sports Centres to better suit the age group teams and to provide more focussed coaching for the older age team groups. Coaching for years four to seven for boys and girls will be from 10am to 11am with years eight and upwards from 11 to noon.
The first session will see girls training at Sidmouth and the boys at Ottery St Mary.
The club are also restarting the popular ‘Rustys return to hockey’ sessions, running from 10 to 11am at Ottery with this aimed at adults who want to return to the game and also for any newcomers who want to get into playing the sport for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
What the club is keen to do is recruit new parents and volunteers to take on the essential tasks of administration and general organisation .
The club are particularly keen to find parents and volunteers to help with the teams at the various tournaments the club has entered this new season. The club are keen to stress that no hockey knowledge or experience is required at all.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
What is also much needed is parents and volunteers to step forward to assist with the registration of attendees at both the Sidmouth and Ottery sites on Sunday mornings and once again the club are keen to stress that no hockey knowledge or experience is required.
The club also seek someone to take the responsibility for being the junior committee secretary, a competition coordinator (who will look to assist the team managers) and a volunteer coordinator (who will help with organising the coaching volunteers).
Anyone with questions can contact the club via their well-informed website at firstname.lastname@example.org