Sidmouth and Ottery IV net five in warm-up win over White Eagles
Sidmouth and Ottery ladies fourth team were 5-0 winners in a friendly game against White Eagles.
With a good mix of experienced and young players, the team produced a good all round performance which boosted their confidence and enthusiasm for the coming season.
SOHC dominated the contest from the first whistle and quickly settled into a relaxed and fluid passing game, which underlines the progress the youngsters have made over the past year.
In particular, Aimee Keast and Flora Hastie used strength, skill and perseverance to thread the ball through to give their side plenty of opportunities in the opposition’s final third.
Hannah Acarnley’s industry and endeavour, with no small measure of good skill, scored two well-taken goals.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Roberts opened the scoring from a well taken short corner and netted her second after the break.
Furthermore, Teresa Grabauskas added her name to the score sheet by being in an excellent position on the post to receive a cross from the wing.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Jane Roberts said: “Credit must go to the whole team for such a resounding victory for the first match of the season.”