Sidmouth and Ottery IV net five in warm-up win over White Eagles
Sidmouth and Ottery ladies fourth team were 5-0 winners in a friendly game against White Eagles.
With a good mix of experienced and young players, the team produced a good all round performance which boosted their confidence and enthusiasm for the coming season.
SOHC dominated the contest from the first whistle and quickly settled into a relaxed and fluid passing game, which underlines the progress the youngsters have made over the past year.
In particular, Aimee Keast and Flora Hastie used strength, skill and perseverance to thread the ball through to give their side plenty of opportunities in the opposition’s final third.
Hannah Acarnley’s industry and endeavour, with no small measure of good skill, scored two well-taken goals.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Roberts opened the scoring from a well taken short corner and netted her second after the break.
Furthermore, Teresa Grabauskas added her name to the score sheet by being in an excellent position on the post to receive a cross from the wing.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 8 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
Jane Roberts said: “Credit must go to the whole team for such a resounding victory for the first match of the season.”