Sidmouth and Ottery send Bodmin packing after nap hand success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery 5, Bodmin Town 0 Sidmouth and Ottery followed up their dogged 2-1 win over Exeter University D by putting the Cornish visitors to the sword to win handsomely, writes James Harris.
Fielding a consistent line up the home team started the game much brighter than their opponents, keeping control of the ball. SOHC took the lead after winning their second short corner routine of the match. Injector Rick Robinson finished off the short corner after the ball was slipped back to him after a well worked routine. Throughout the first half the home team looked comfortable with Bodmin posing them very little problems as they struggled to but any sort of attacking play together. The home lead was doubled via a short corner routine; after the initial shot was saved, Jim Harris safely juggled the ball for Dan Devine to sweep home on the half volley.
At the interval skipper Matt Ogborne urged the home team not to become complacent in the second half despite their two goal cushion.
The Cornish side tried manfully to get themselves back into the contest from the re-start with a number of slick attacking plays.
However, at the other end of the pitch Rick Robinson got himself his second goal of the match from the same routine that got him his first goal to effectively seal victory.
You may also want to watch:
SOHC continued to pile on the pressure and their inventiveness and energetic approach was rewarded with goals from Will Galantree and Chris Bishop, both of whom scored well deserved goals as their shifts’ included some tremendous running hockey.
Galantree tucked the ball into the back of the goal from an Ogborne assist and Bishop finished off a well worked counter-attack with the aid of a far post deflection after a pass from Jim Harris.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
On Saturday SOHC travel to Bude for what is their final away game of the season.