Sidmouth anglers on form
- Credit: Archant
Club members have again started the year strongly with many good specimen fish being recorded, writes Mike Spiller.
Fish like this cracking ballan wrasse of 5lb 3oz for club member Karl Roberts from Sidmouth. Roberts’ fishing partner on the day also had a cracking wrasse too, not so big but still a good one at 4lb 2oz for Bill Cassar.
Both fish were caught on hard back crab in the east of the region.
The East Devon club is still celebrating as being placed second in the whole country in the recent Angling Trust specimen award scheme; the 70 members of the club gained second spot with 109 awards.
Paignton SAA came out as winners with 130.
You may also want to watch:
More details on the club can be found at www.honitonsac.co.uk
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution