Sidmouth annouce a no run run!
For a variety of reasons, the Festival Run organised by Sidmouth Running Cub will not be taking place this year, writes John Perratt.
However, there have been calls to put on something in its place so we have come up with the an event that will carry the title, Not the Festival Run.
This will take place on Wednesday evening August 7, (in the middle of Folk Week) and will be an informal run with no entry fee, no prizes, no marshals, no water points, no route marking, no published results, no nothing, but hopefully a bit of fun!
The course will be the normal Festival Route, but there are a few options. Runners can either start at the normal start which is at the bottom of Cliff Fields (park in the nearby Manor Road Car Park).
That will start at 7pm and will involve the whole 10k course including the big climb at the start or we can offer two shorter options.
You may also want to watch:
These will entail meeting in Muttersmoor Car Park and joining in at around 10 or 15 minutes past seven as the main runners come through.
One group will do the rest of the run back to the car park giving them about 8 km whilst the rest will just do the first loop out to the ninth tee, cutting out the Bulverton loop thus giving them around 4km.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
After the race we can all retire to the Sailing Club which will probably be heaving with Folkies and they are sure to put a smile on your face even if the run doesn’t.
All are welcome, just turn up at either of the two starts.