Sidmouth annual tournament proves another massive hit
- Credit: Archant
The first Saturday of July saw the staging of the fourth annual Sidmouth Tournament, writes Carol Smith.
It proved to be a wonderful; day with 20 teams of mixed fours taking part from clubs from all parts of Devon.
The sun shone, the greens ran really well – thanks of course, to the sterling work of green keeper Barry – and there was plenty of excellent food and drink consumed throughout the day.
The tournament is very hard work and this time we fed and watered 100 people.
Thanks go to all those helpers and organisers, too numerous to mention, for all their help.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks are also due to the Rugby Club for help with parking and to sponsors, Your Move (Edwards) and East Devon Associates, for the prize money.
This year’s winners were Millie and Mick Powell from Madeira playing with Debbie and Nick Cole from Topsham, with a plus score of 39.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
Tiverton came second and our home team of Jill and Peter Mison, Jane Painter and Norman Brimson, came third.