Sidmouth Arthur Skinner Cup success for Lynette Lloyd
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies were forced to wait some 40 minutes owing to thick mist and low cloud before they could begin their latest midweek meeting, contesting the Arthur Skinner Cup, writes Angela Coles.
This trophy was presented by Arthur Skinner, who was a former president of Sidmouth Golf Club from 1958 to 1979. The format was a par/bogey competition.
Difficult conditions continued throughout the round with intermittent drizzle.
However, this did not prevent Academy member Lynette Lloyd from winning the competition with plus one, as her fine form continues.
In second place, was Treynetta Haynes who came in all square and in third place with minus two was Jane Renken.
You may also want to watch:
There were two twos scored on the day one on the 14th by Sheila Faulkner and one on the fifth by Liz Chance.
On a scorching hot Friday, 19 senior ladies played for the Ritchie Cup.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
This was presented by past ladies’ captain Josie Ritchie in 1974.
The course was in prime condition following the recent rain and the efforts of our hard-working green staff.
The format for the competition was stableford.
The winner of the Ritchie Cup with 35 points was last year’s ladies’ captain Gill Paddon.
The runner-up was Gerri Whitrow with 34 points.