Sidmouth Arthur Skinner Cup win for Gill Paddon
- Credit: Archant
This week the ladies played for the Arthur Skinner Cup, writes Andrea Milton.
Mr Arthur Skinner was the president of Sidmouth Golf Club from 1958 to 1979 and provided the cup.
His wife Gertie also has a trophy named after her which we play for in October.
The competition took the form of a par or bogey competition.
This is like matchplay against the course. The player either wins the hole, getting a plus, halves the hole, getting a zero, or loses the hole, getting a minus.
You may also want to watch:
The winner on the day was Gill Paddon, with a score of plus four. Her win also led to a handicap and she will now play off 22.
Second was Anne Blackler with plus one and third was Ros Eaton, who finished with an all square score. Four twos were scored, two of them by Marie Timms and one each by Ros Eaton and Sheila Tallon.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
The weather was pleasantly sunny and the course was looking in good condition.
Last Friday, the ladies played for the Richie Cup. This is a stableford competition and 13 ladies took part.
Winning, with 37 points was Susan Hackett. Second was Penny Lyne with 33 points and third was Marie Timms with 31 points.