Sidmouth B beaten, but well set for return leg with Highbullen
- Credit: Archant
Colin Macklin’s Sidmouth B team played away against Highbullen last Sunday, writes George Carr.
They went down 4-2 in what was always seen as a tricky away fixture, but they have given themselves every chance of the overall bragging rights later in the summer at Sidmouth when the return is contested.
Colin and Bob Welsman took their match to the 18th in a hard-fought encounter and were unlucky to not to get a share of the match
Lester Wilmington and Nick Bater (fresh from his captain’s day triumph the previous day) brought home the first point for Sidmouth, winning one-up.
Carl Sheehan and Dereck Platten’s remarkable six-and-five victory made up for Malcolm Willoughby and Paul Renkin’s loss by a similar margin and brought a smile, no doubt, to the captains face.
You may also want to watch:
Hugh Dorliac won the prize for nearest the pin on the 15th hole - I’m sure he smiled, also, - well played.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford