Sidmouth B claim narrow success over High Bullen
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth B team played host to High Bullen on Sunday and secured a home win, albeit by a smaller margin than captain Mike Dommett would have liked, writes Hugh Dorliac.
He and his playing partner Peter Northcott managed a win despite a few scares. Allan Malcolm and Bob Welsman also won their tie with Allan playing excellent golf on the front half before imploding on 11 with five off the tee.
One wonders what Bob was doing on that hole if Allan thought he needed to use a third ball! Keith Newton and Dave Richards, fresh from his medal win the day before, just didn't gel and lost their match to the more solid golf of their opponents.
Hugh Dorliac had a day to remember, with a chip out of the bunker on 15 for a sandy two being a highlight, whilst his partner, Nick Bater made a couple of vital contributions to seal a three-and-one win for the team.
Lastly, Mike Shepherd and Don Cooper kept it close all the way round only to lose on the last.
You may also want to watch:
The return match is much later in the season when it will be seen if this 3-2 success will be sufficient to help Sidmouth B win the overall tie.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown