Sidmouth B edged out in Jurassic Cup at Axe Cliff
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s B team missed out on Jurassic Cup success last week, writes John Rockey.
The team travelled to Axe Cliff Golf Club for the second leg of their two-legged Jurassic Cup Match.
The B team captain Colin Macklin had travelled hopeful that the 5 –2 advantage from the earlier home leg would be sufficient to ensure that he returned home with the cup.
However, this was not to be as the team could not respond to the unusually early start and only Craig Melluish and Chris Roberts managed to halve a hole with their opponents whilst the rest of the team struggled in their respective matches.
The hosts won five of the matches played with that one halved game breaking the sequence.
You may also want to watch:
That left Axe Cliff holding the Jurassic Cup thanks to an overall score of seven-and-a-half to five-and-a-half.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls