Sidmouth B end all square in close contest with High Bullen B
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth B ended their meeting with High Bullen B all square, writes Hugh Dorliac.
Sidmouth B team captain Mike Dommett, teeing off first with partner Pete Northcott, found they had their hands full from the start.
Following a nip-and-tuck battle through 17 holes they eventually lost out to a master putt by the opposing captain on the 18th green and therefore losing a match which had been played in great spirit throughout.
In the second match, Sidmouth’s Sean Murphy and Martin Laird played solid golf and managed a two-and-one success, whilst the third pairing of Brian Leach and George West won a close encounter, sealing their victory on the 18th.
Nick Bater and Allan Malcolm, despite a valiant effort to contain their opposite numbers, went down three-and-two. The fifth match also went down to the wire with Don Cooper and John Barnard unfortunately losing on the 18th green.However, the final pairing of Bob Welsman and Malcolm Willoughby enjoyed the best result of the day winning four-and-two.
You may also want to watch:
The weather was very favourable and much thanks go to the club’s ground staff for having the course in such good condition.
All enjoyed the competitive yet friendly nature of the match and the 3-3 scoreline was a fair result on a day which was very much enjoyed by one and all.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!