Sidmouth B enjoy convincing win at High Bullen
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Sidmouth B team were in action on Sunday, playing High Bullen from deepest North Devon, writes John Barnard.
Always an enjoyable match and one that is always won convincingly by Sidmouth and this year proved no different.
The captaincy has been turned over to Mike Dommett who has made an impressive start, slipping into his new role seamlessly. He led the team off, playing with Alan Malcolm and managed a convincing four-and-three win. Next up were the big team. It isn’t often Lester Willmington plays with someone towering over him but Howard Cushing fits the bill and they achieved the same margin of victory.
Game three saw the previous B team captain, now club vice captain Colin Macklin partnered at short notice by Greg Willmington.
There’s was a closer match, but still they ran out convincing winners to the tune of a three-and-two score line.
You may also want to watch:
Harrison Jones and Steve Channing maintained the four-and-three margin of victory while the last group of Jeremy Holden won four-and-two.
Nearest the pin was won on the 12th by Jeremy Holden and Harrison Jones was nearest the pin in two on the 18th, but most importantly, a great day was had by all.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!