Sidmouth B ladies make Masons Trophy progres swith win over Madeira
Sidmouth ladies began their quest in the annual national competition last week, writes Susie Bonnell.
The ladies have entered two teams into the masons Trophy.
Both teams, A and B, launched their challenges last Thursday.
Sidmouth A played Isca B’s, with one team away and one at home. Unfortunately both teams lost their games, so, with no second chance, they are knocked out of the competition at the first time of asking!
On a much happier note, Sidmouth B played Madeira B’s, again, one at home and one away and, despite the away team losing by 10 points, the home team, with skip Jill Bishop, Jan Jameson-Bates, Ann Capon and Sue Mison, winning their encounter by 17 shots, it meant an overall victory for Sidmouth B and a place in the next round.
You may also want to watch:
Phew! Not easy to explain, but watch this column for the next round’s results.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 The questions of British Lions selection
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution