Sidmouth B net fine home win over Teign Valley
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth B team entertained Teign Valley in a contest that was hit by the weather halfway through, writes Mike Dommett.
The arrival of the rain somewhat dampened the spirits, but the match was played in good humour reflecting the rapport which we have with our visitors from Teign Valley.
First out was team captain Mike Dommett and his playing partner Paul Renken, ho were able to record a winning result of one-up, after a closely fought encounter. Second in, was the pairing of Lester Wilmington and Don Cooper, who recorded a two-up success.
Next in were John Welch and Nick Bater, who also managed a fine three-and-two success.
Colin Macklin and Bob Welsman then recorded a two-up win, before Steve Channing and his partner Pete Northcott returned losing a closely fought match on the 18th green.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, Geoff Lory with partner Adrian Priest, finished with the best score of the day, 4-2 winning margin which made the overall score one of 5-1 in favour of Sidmouth B.
The course was in wonderful condition despite the rain and afterwards, all enjoyed an excellent match meal.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support