Sidmouth B net terrific home win over Teign Valley
- Credit: Archant
Teign Valley B team made the trip to Sidmouth golf club on Father’s Day, which probably accounted for them having turned up one player short, writes Mike Dommett.
Luckily, Pete Northcott was at hand to offer his services to the visiting captain with a proviso that he could play the home captain Mike Dommett and his partner Nick Bater.
Despite being advised against this he duly took his place – and then subsequently lost the match on the 18th green having failed to hole a 3ft putt for a half. I can assure you that it wasn’t an intentional miss!
Second out for Sidmouth were Steve Channing with playing partner Allan Malcolm where again, in a closely fought contest, the home side emerged victorious with a one up win.
The same pattern followed in the third match with Sean Murphy and Lester Wilmington again securing victory on the 18th green.
You may also want to watch:
Next up were Jeremy Holden with Simon Emerson, who ran out comfortable winners by four-and-three.
They were followed by the ever-present Bob Welsman and playing partner Barry Venn, who both had to dig deep to keep the visitors at bay and secure a very creditable draw.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Finally, Harry Jones and Don Cooper also returned home with a hard earned draw against stiff opposition which all left Sidmouth as the 5-1 winners.
The match was played in wonderful spirit and was followed by an excellent meal supplied by Kerry and her team and all agreed a good day was had by all.