Sidmouth B play twice in two days with mixed fortunes
- Credit: Archant
After a long wait for the first B team fixture of the year the team played twice I as many days, writes George Carr.
Saturday saw a strong visiting Honiton team give Colin Macklin’s selected team a good run for their money before Sidmouth scraped home three-and-a-half games to two-and-a-half, which leaves them a difficult match at Honiton in the return fixture if they are to retain the bragging rights.
On paper this looked a strong Sidmouth side and most matches were close; Malcolm Willoughby and Lee Wenham winning 4-2 were Sidmouth’s best and surprisingly Simon Knowles and Bob Welsman at the other end of the scale went down 3-2.
Sunday’s home fixture to The Warren (Dawlish) proved to quite a different matter! Colin Macklin and John Welch gave the home team a flying start with a 5-4 victory and the match finished five-and-a-half to a half in favour of the hosts.
Steve Channing and Barry Venn closing out the last four ball four and three.
You may also want to watch:
Apologies here to our esteemed catering lady Kerry Culshaw whose name was changed to something quite different after editing last week.
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council