Sidmouth B power to emphatic win over Teign Valley
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth B team were in action on Saturday, playing Teign Valley and they won convincingly, writes John Barnard.
The final result was five-and-a-half to Sidmouth and just a half to the South Devon side.
First out was captain Mike Dommett playing with Pete Northcott and they came out with a convincing five-and-four win, despite Teign Valley importing Sidmouth’s Howard Cushing at short notice as they were one short.
He was obviously too polite to play well, playing against his friends!
Malcolm Willoughby and Simon Emerson had a good battle to halve their match, two down with two to play meant a good finish to recover what had happened before.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Churchill made his debut for the B team playing with Steve Channing and they won by a dog licence (seven-and-six).
The next three teams all won very convincingly so a good day for Sidmouth on a splendid day for golf.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17