Sidmouth B put Axe Cliff to the sword
- Credit: Archant
The first Sidmouth B team fixture of the year was played on Saturday, against local rivals Axe Cliff Golf and Country Club.
At stake was the Jurassic Cup, competed for annually on a home and away basis so this was the first leg.
Leading the way with a 2 and 1 win was B Team captain Colin Macklin, playing with Craig Melluish.
They were closely followed by Keith Newton and Chris Grubb winning convincingly four and three.
Even better were Bob Webber and Jeremy Holden winning six and four. Captain Macklin’s smile became even broader as the Bobs - Welsman and Skelley - won by one.
You may also want to watch:
Some time later, the steady pairing of Don Cooper and Brian Leech came in to say they had won as well.
The unbeatable 6-0 lead for Sidmouth was then secured by Malcolm Willoughby and Paul Renken, with a convincing 3 and 1.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
This was a fabulous start for the B team’s season and bodes well for the rest of the year. Another derby match is due this Saturday, against Honiton away. Well done Colin and all his team.
The B team are grateful to sponsors Roger Trivett of Acanthus Press and Heather Martin from East Devon Physiotherapy and Sports Injury. Their support is invaluable.