Sidmouth B see off Teign Valley
- Credit: Archant
As we move near to the end of the season, Sunday saw one of the final fixtures for Sidmouth Golf Club B Team, writes John Barnard.
They hosted the return leg against Teign Valley, a recently new fixture.
The first leg, played at Teign Valley, had seen Sidmouth win 4-2 which lead to them going into the second meeting in a confident mood.
Captain Colin Macklin led the team off as usual with regular partner Bob Welsman and they had a solid two-and-one win.
Unexpectedly, the next two matches were lost ,but from thereon, the Sidmouth team all recorded good wins.
You may also want to watch:
Keith Newton and Steve Johnson had an excellent four-and-three success, and a similar result was recorded by Harrison Jones and Steve Channing. The final match was won three-and-two by Don Cooper and Mark Pavey.
It all led to a 4-2 win on the day and an 8-2 success for Sidmouth B across the two legs.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 7 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
Teign Valley turned up one player short so Sidmouth’s Aston Puckey agreed to step in and play for the away team although he had just been around the course once, refereeing one of the knockout finals.
Someone should have told him he wasn’t supposed to win as he helped inflict one of the defeats in match two!