Sidmouth B spring big Over-60s surprise at Seaton.
- Credit: Archant
The result of the week was that of the men’s Over-60s B team, writes John Mason.
The team travelled to Seaton where they took on, and beat, the home A team 8-0.
Seaton A had previously only been beaten once in the past four years and the victory lifts Sidmouth B in second place in the table, just two points behind Seaton A who stay top of Division Two.
The situation is even healthier for Sidmouth B as they also have a game in hand on Seaton.
Not to be outdone, the C team also won 8-0 at home to Belmont and also moved into second place, in their case in Division Seven. Well done, to both teams. However, the A team were dislodged from the top spot in Division One after they went down 8-0 on a visit to Exonia.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth men have reached the semi final of the county Top Club with wins in both singles for Ray Tallent and Tony Broughton and convincing wins for both the triples and rink disciplines and a close and exciting finish in the pairs which was not completed as the match had been conceded by Axminster before it finished.
One mixed friendly was played on Saturday when Sidmouth entertained Tiverton in a game of five triples. Sidmouth won all five games with the top rink of Terry Rawlings, Mike Daw and Susie Bonnell winning 24-9.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Unbeaten run ends for young Otters
In the County Trophy league game at Feniton on Tuesday evening the men managed to win one of the two rinks at home, but lost both away.