Sidmouth B suffer defeat on visit to Teign Valley
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth B team travelled to Teign Valley last Sunday and strangely, instead of the usual matchplay, they opted to play an aggregate stableford competition, writes John Barnard.
Captain Mike Dommett, along with his partner Keith Newton, managed a two point win.
However, Steve Channing and Simon Emerson lost by five points, Pete Northcott and Allan Malcolm, lost by eight points and Colin Macklin and Bob Welsman lost by six points.
Things ended in a bit more style though as Sean Murphy and Simon Jones, won their match by two points.
Overall the final score was a 198-183 win for Teign Valley.
You may also want to watch:
The match was played in very good spirit and the course was in good condition. A good meal was enjoyed by all following the golf.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club