Sidmouth B suffer heavy defeat on visit to Crediton
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth B team travelled to Downes Crediton where they suffered a heavy defeat, going down 5-1, writes John Barnard.
The only win came from captain Mike Dommett and his partner Lester Wilmington with a two-and-one success that was made all the sweeter as Mike was playing against his son Ben who plays off a handicap of nine!
Bragging rites maintained, for some years no doubt! Second up were the pairing of Pete Northcott and Allan Malcolm who lost five-and-four.
Colin Macklin and partner Keith Newton were beaten four-and-three before Paul Renken and Jeremy Holden trooped in with a three-and-two defeat.
Barry Venn and Paul Murphy then returned with a five-and-four loss and finally Sean Murphy and Simon Emerson went down three-and-two.
You may also want to watch:
However, the company was excellent and the Crediton course was in excellent condition. Despite the score line, a good time was by all.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections