Sidmouth B suffer heavy defeat on visit to Crediton
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth B team travelled to Downes Crediton where they suffered a heavy defeat, going down 5-1, writes John Barnard.
The only win came from captain Mike Dommett and his partner Lester Wilmington with a two-and-one success that was made all the sweeter as Mike was playing against his son Ben who plays off a handicap of nine!
Bragging rites maintained, for some years no doubt! Second up were the pairing of Pete Northcott and Allan Malcolm who lost five-and-four.
Colin Macklin and partner Keith Newton were beaten four-and-three before Paul Renken and Jeremy Holden trooped in with a three-and-two defeat.
Barry Venn and Paul Murphy then returned with a five-and-four loss and finally Sean Murphy and Simon Emerson went down three-and-two.
You may also want to watch:
However, the company was excellent and the Crediton course was in excellent condition. Despite the score line, a good time was by all.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 10 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories