Sidmouth B team skipper’s run ended by mother nature
- Credit: Archant
Mother nature brought an end to Steve Milton’s unbeaten record as B team captain, writes Chris Roberts.
Sidmouth B team entertained Dawlish Warren golf Club on Sunday afternoon.
Sidmouth where ahead in all six matches with first match on 13th tee and the final match on the 10th tee when the heavens opened.
With golfers hiding under umbrella’s and watching the greens become paddling pools captain Seve offered his hand to the Warren captain in a very sporting manor calling the match an honourable draw to which the Warren captain agreed suggesting that all his pairs where all about to stage an amazing comeback!
Steve’s next excellent decision was to ring master chef Kerry and brining dinner forward by an hour to soggy cheers from the players.
You may also want to watch:
The players representing the B team on Sunday where Steve Milton and Chris Roberts (two up), Huw Dorliac and Paul (Pete) Renken (four up), Steve Channing Barry Venn (one up), Jim Anderton and Don Cooper (one up) and Trevor Kerridge and Mick Baden (three up).
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb