Sidmouth B team skipper’s run ended by mother nature
- Credit: Archant
Mother nature brought an end to Steve Milton’s unbeaten record as B team captain, writes Chris Roberts.
Sidmouth B team entertained Dawlish Warren golf Club on Sunday afternoon.
Sidmouth where ahead in all six matches with first match on 13th tee and the final match on the 10th tee when the heavens opened.
With golfers hiding under umbrella’s and watching the greens become paddling pools captain Seve offered his hand to the Warren captain in a very sporting manor calling the match an honourable draw to which the Warren captain agreed suggesting that all his pairs where all about to stage an amazing comeback!
Steve’s next excellent decision was to ring master chef Kerry and brining dinner forward by an hour to soggy cheers from the players.
You may also want to watch:
The players representing the B team on Sunday where Steve Milton and Chris Roberts (two up), Huw Dorliac and Paul (Pete) Renken (four up), Steve Channing Barry Venn (one up), Jim Anderton and Don Cooper (one up) and Trevor Kerridge and Mick Baden (three up).
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project