Sidmouth bank first significant points haul in County Trophy competition
- Credit: Archant
Following a week of little activity we scored our first significant points in a County Trophy fixture against Seaton, writes Ron Cook.
Our home teams took full points winning both rinks by substantial margins, with the scores being 31-13 and 27-15!
Although the two rinks that played away lost they both successfully held two very strong opposing teams to a margin that gave Sidmouth the overall match points with a total of eight banked with Seaton taking four.
Despite losing their first match of the season without scoring, Sidmouth A squad remain top of the Exeter Over-60s Triples League Division One table.
They have now sat at the summit for three successive weeks!
You may also want to watch:
Our B squad lost their match also. However, David Fairclough’s squad had another great result beating Belmont B to gain a full eight points, and now lie fifth in their division.
Our only friendly of the week was a triples match with four rinks against Ottery St Mary.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
The rink honours were shared. However, it was Ottery, demonstrating some very good bowling, who took the match 74-51.