Sidmouth bat Lewis puts former team mates to the sword
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth batsman Liam Lewis put his former team to the sword as the Fortfield men defeated visiting Heathcoat, writes Steve Birley.
The visitors batted first on another superb Fortfield surface and the home bowlers did their work in grand style, restricting them to 235-6 in their allotted 50 overs.
Charlie Miles was the most successful bowler with his ten over spell realising figures of 2-40. The other wickets fell to four different bowlers.
Lewis and Josh Bess then put on yet another century opening stand, this time the pair took the total to 135 when Bess was caught and bowled for a half century.
Lewis went on to score an unbeaten 111 from 126 balls with 16 fours and one six.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth sealed a nine wicket win with four overs and two balls remaining.
The teams who began the day in second and third place both went down so Exmouth, who won well at hoe to North Devon, move into second spot with Sidmouth holding a 36-point lead.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
This coming Saturday is the halfway mark of the league season.