Sidmouth Baters Removals victory for Will Hastie
- Credit: Archant
The latest Baters Removals meeting at Sidmouth produced some excellent golf, writes Hugh Dorliac.
There was success in Division One for Will Hastie, who scored a one under par 65.
In what proved to be a close contest, second place went to David Cowler on 66 and Mark Thomas took third spot with his 67.
Defying the hot and fast conditions, Phil Spencer recorded the day’s best score of 59, six better than par, in winning Division Two.
He will collect his medal at the annual presentation evening which will be held at the club later in the year, but will have to play off 13 as of now after his handicap was cut by two shots for his fine effort.
You may also want to watch:
There was another close contest in division three with Richard Seaver beating Adrian Baldwin on countback with a score of 69. Mark Bathard came a close third with 70.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend