Sidmouth batsman Liam Lewis back in Devon fold
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth batsman Liam Lewis returns to the Devon side on Sunday for the warm-up game against Exeter University at Exmouth (11am).
A rugby injury prevented Lewis from playing against Somerset 2nd XI last Sunday – a game Devon lost heavily by 136 runs.
Lewis was Devon’s leading run-getter in the one-day cup last season, hitting 395 at an average in the low 60s to help the county win the competition.
Devon’s management will hope he proves his fitness as the cup campaign starts a week on Sunday with a visit from Wales to Instow.
Clubmate Charlie Miles keeps his place after two four-wicket hauls in warm-up games.
You may also want to watch:
Zac Bess, formerly with Sidmouth, now at Exeter, gets looked at as a bowling option.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution