Sidmouth Blue power to super success over Pinces Gardens
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowling Club sent a mixed team of triples to Exmouth to play a friendly game of bowls against Phear Park, writes Susie Bonnell.
They say: “Never cast a clout ‘til May is out” - so, armed with all-weather gear, the players were ready for anything!
Luckily, apart from the threat of rain (and actually about 10 drops of rain) the day stayed dry and allowed all the players to thoroughly enjoy their game.
The Sidmouth players were very happy to win on all four rinks with the winning Sidmouth rink led by skip, Bob Daniels, with his team, Mary Smith and Chris Radburn.
Next came a game for the Exeter and District Over-50s League Sidmouth Blue squad, playing away at Pinces Gardens.
You may also want to watch:
It produced a great result for the Blues with another maximum six points banked after success on both rinks. The Blues have certainly got off to a strong start this season.
There was extra celebration on the top scoring Sidmouth rink, led by skip, Jane Painter and her team of Pat Aston-Pritchard and Janice Quin for, not only did they record a 40-6 success, but they also got a ‘hot shot’ (all their nine collective woods counting in the score).
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
Friday saw the club hosts a ‘Markers’ course - luckily indoors all day - and saw over 30 participants take part from clubs all over the county - so a big thanks to the rugby club for sharing their parking that day, and to Sue Trott from Taunton and her team of umpires.