Sidmouth Blue team and Yellow team both gain good victories in latest outings
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Blue team played away at Morchard Bishop from where they returned with four valuable points, writes Susie Bonnell.
Just when they thought summer might have arrived, the Blues were reminded what playing a summer match can mean - rain, wind and huge hailstones lashed the teams causing just a bit of havoc!
By agreement only 15 ends were played. Skip, Jill Bishop, and her team of Jean Brimson and Zena Johnson – were 19-11 winners whilst Chris Hamer and her team of Pat Prichard and Paddy Wrench got within a point of a draw , but were edged out 15-14.
The overall victory saw those four points banked!
Meanwhile the Yellow team hosted Heavitree.
You may also want to watch:
They too were treated to heavy downpours, hail and wind, but luckily the sun finally broke through and they managed to play all 18 ends. Captain Valerie Newnham with her team of Karen Hollingdale and Sylvia Cook led all the way in their match.
Meanwhile, skip Shirley Rose, with her team of Mary Bristow and Anita Mason battled on to just pip Heavitree and clinch a win for Sidmouth.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
The final score was 39-25 and this mean the Yellows took a maximum six points from the contest. Well done, ladies.