Sidmouth bowl to success in home friendly with Budleigh
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth bowlers contested a midweek mixed friendly against Budleigh Salterton, writes Carol Smith.
The afternoon certainly proved to be an excellent one with lots of friendly laughter and, of course, some very good bowling!
Budleigh had been good enough to let us know beforehand that they were only able to muster nine players and so three of the Sidmouth bowlers became ‘Budleigh players’ for the afternoon, which allowed a three full rink match to proceed.
When teatime arrived, Sidmouth were ahead on all three rinks and they stayed ahead in the post tea session to record an overall 56-32 success.
The top Sidmouth rink was the one Brian Barber, Mary Turner, David Timms and skip Zena Johnson with a most ‘unfriendly’ score of 26 shots to six!
You may also want to watch:
Anyway, no harm was done to a wonderful friendship between the players of both clubs and after the final woods had been despatched all sat together to enjoy post match drinks to bring to an end a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown