Sidmouth bowl to success in home friendly with Budleigh
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth bowlers contested a midweek mixed friendly against Budleigh Salterton, writes Carol Smith.
The afternoon certainly proved to be an excellent one with lots of friendly laughter and, of course, some very good bowling!
Budleigh had been good enough to let us know beforehand that they were only able to muster nine players and so three of the Sidmouth bowlers became ‘Budleigh players’ for the afternoon, which allowed a three full rink match to proceed.
When teatime arrived, Sidmouth were ahead on all three rinks and they stayed ahead in the post tea session to record an overall 56-32 success.
The top Sidmouth rink was the one Brian Barber, Mary Turner, David Timms and skip Zena Johnson with a most ‘unfriendly’ score of 26 shots to six!
You may also want to watch:
Anyway, no harm was done to a wonderful friendship between the players of both clubs and after the final woods had been despatched all sat together to enjoy post match drinks to bring to an end a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start