Sidmouth bowl to victory against visiting Chardstock
- Credit: Archant
It was another busy time last week for all at the club, writes Sue and Peter Mison.
First up was a trip for the ladies to Madeira. This is a fixture we always enjoy and this one was no exception. On this occasion the home team emerged victorious to the tune of a 62-53 score line.
The successful Sidmouth rink was the one of Jackie Godbeer, Susie Bonnell, Beryl Sparkes and skip Jill Bishop who won by 22 shots to 17.
There were two home three rink mixed matches played over the weekend.
On Saturday Chardstock were our opponents and, with Sidmouth in excellent form, we won on all three rinks and by 70 shots to 34.
You may also want to watch:
Well done to our best rink of Ann Elwood, Wilf Radburn, Christa Turner and skip Mike Daw who won by 29 shots to 9.
On Sunday we welcomed Ottery St Mary. This turned out to be a close encounter of the friendly kind with our team winning overall by 59 shots to 47 thanks to our winning rink of Ann Elwood, John Brown, Bert Hague and skip Jane Painter, who claimed a 34-14 victory.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
On Tuesday of this week we had a return home match against Madeira ladies. Again Madeira won, this time by just three shots, 59 to 56. Sidmouth had two winning rinks, winning by just one shot overall on each so, well done, to the two teams, Jean Brimson, Thelma Critchard, Evelyn Clements and skip Eileen Hewett and Elaine Reed, Sue Mison, Shirley Rose and skip Zena Johnson, who both won 21-20.