Sidmouth bowl to victory against visiting Chardstock
- Credit: Archant
It was another busy time last week for all at the club, writes Sue and Peter Mison.
First up was a trip for the ladies to Madeira. This is a fixture we always enjoy and this one was no exception. On this occasion the home team emerged victorious to the tune of a 62-53 score line.
The successful Sidmouth rink was the one of Jackie Godbeer, Susie Bonnell, Beryl Sparkes and skip Jill Bishop who won by 22 shots to 17.
There were two home three rink mixed matches played over the weekend.
On Saturday Chardstock were our opponents and, with Sidmouth in excellent form, we won on all three rinks and by 70 shots to 34.
You may also want to watch:
Well done to our best rink of Ann Elwood, Wilf Radburn, Christa Turner and skip Mike Daw who won by 29 shots to 9.
On Sunday we welcomed Ottery St Mary. This turned out to be a close encounter of the friendly kind with our team winning overall by 59 shots to 47 thanks to our winning rink of Ann Elwood, John Brown, Bert Hague and skip Jane Painter, who claimed a 34-14 victory.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
On Tuesday of this week we had a return home match against Madeira ladies. Again Madeira won, this time by just three shots, 59 to 56. Sidmouth had two winning rinks, winning by just one shot overall on each so, well done, to the two teams, Jean Brimson, Thelma Critchard, Evelyn Clements and skip Eileen Hewett and Elaine Reed, Sue Mison, Shirley Rose and skip Zena Johnson, who both won 21-20.