Sidmouth bowlers celebrate end of season with presentations
- Credit: Archant
The Grand Finale of the Sidmouth Bowling Club outdoor season was the Presentation Evening held at the club, writes Ron Cook.
Sixty members attended the function hosted by the season’s captain’s Val Newnham and John Greenaway, who will also be captains’ once again in 2014.
The guest of honour was the club’s recently elected president Harold Casson together with his wife Brenda.
There were a total of 22 trophies contested during the season.
Notable achievements from the campaign were the winning of no fewer than four trophies by Jane Painter who was also runner-up I another!
You may also want to watch:
In the men’s section Ron Cook also won four trophies.
Amongst other notable successes were Brenda Sommerfield, winner of the Mitchel Plate; Maury Ervine, winner of the Ladies Umbrella; Tony Holland, winner of the Men’s 2-wood singles; John Doyle, partner to Ron Cook in the men’s pairs; David Fairclough, winner of the men’s Umbrella and Jill Bishop and David Butler, winners of the Mixed Pairs.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
Last, but certainly not least, Eileen Hewett and Ken Bridgman who were worthy winners of the nominated mixed pairs.
Well to done, to all the contestants and happy bowling in 2014.