Sidmouth bowlers enjoy a superb annual Supper and Trophy Presentation evening
- Credit: Archant
Last Saturday evening we held our outdoor annual Supper and Trophy Presentation evening, writes Carol Smith.
This year it was decided to hold it in our own clubhouse and have caterers in and it worked extremely well as we all tucked into a magnificent buffet superbly delivered by Gill Hodges and her team.
We were all delighted with the quality, variety and quantity of food that was put before us - indeed, many went back for second helpings!
The bar was manned by David and Kevin with plenty of wine flowing at club prices.
The table flowers were beautifully arranged by Lorna while the trophy table was a resplendent sight, laden with sparkling trophies courtesy of the hard work of Brenda and David.
You may also want to watch:
After a great supper and raffle (one in which yours truly won a bottle of scotch!), the trophies were handed out to the various competition winners and runners-up.
Our thanks must also go to the joint lady captains. Jill and Susie and their committee for organising the whole event so well. Oh yes, and we must not forget our wonderful master of ceremonies, Allan.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution