Sidmouth bowlers enjoy first of the season!
- Credit: Archant
It was a first of the season for Sidmouth bowlers – 100 per cent success on all rinks played during the week, writes David Fairclough.
Sidmouth won all three rinks in a mixed game against Madeira and the match by a shot score of 68-48.
The highest winning rink, by a shot score of 24-12, was skipped by Jill Bishop, supported by Lorna Lever, Derek Mountford and Tony Holland.
Against Taunton Vivary Park, all three mixed rinks were won by Sidmouth, aggregate score of 82-46.
An enjoyable time was had by all including our visitors, despite the margin of Sidmouth’s win. The highest winning rink, by a score of 27-13 was skipped by Mike Reader, supported by James Poole, Christa Turner, and Jenny Fricker.
You may also want to watch:
The week also saw the culmination of the Sidmouth League Competition, sponsored by Potburys. This comprises a season-long men’s league, together with a cup competition, including six visiting and two Sidmouth teams in Tuesday and Friday evening matches. Beachcombers from Madeira retained the title.
The final of the cup competition is scheduled for April 17, the same evening as the presentation supper.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
Special thanks are due to Stuart Hamer for managing this league, and continuing to make it a great success.