Sidmouth bowlers enjoy some Halloween fun
- Credit: Archant
Saturday evening saw the Sidmouth Bowls Club entertainment committee serve up a superb evening of fun, writes Carol Smith.
It was clear that a lot of hard work and effort went into the Halloween Night that was presented to the members.
The food was excellent and there was so much of it! The quiz was, well, just a tad difficult, but only for some of us (not being into ghosts and the like!).
There was also a very good raffle. The committee dressed for the occasion, as did most of those attending.
There were some truly brilliant costumes; indeed, some were so good that you couldn’t recognise who they were.
You may also want to watch:
It was great to see so many of them entering into the SPIRIT of it all. The winner of the best costume was Brian Godbeer, who looked really spooky!
Once again our thanks go to Chris Hamer and her team for all their hard work and, of course, the barman.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences