Sidmouth bowlers enjoy Sunday success over Tiverton Borough
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth bowlers entertained Tiverton Borough in a Sunday afternoon fixture, writes Carol Smith.
The contest comprised of four teams of triples and a good afternoon, with a wonderful half-time tea, was enjoyed by all!
The match was a close encounter throughout with the final score being 54-52 in Sidmouth's favour.
Three of the four rinks were won by the visitors, but an empathic 19-5 success for Brian Godbeer, Sue Turner and skip David Bates, tipped the overall balance in favour of the home side.
On Monday afternoon a mixed team of six rinks representing the Plymouth Retired Civil Servants visited Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
They arrived early and were pleased to see the sun shining. One lady commented that she need not have brought her waterproofs with her - hmmm!
How wrong was she to be for the match was ultimately abandoned after 13 ends as a mix of thunder, lightning and hailstones, made it impossible to play on.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
That left al retiring, hurriedly, to the tranquillity of the clubhouse where all were grateful of the chance to dry off and grab a drink! As for the score at the premature end of proceedings? It was 63-57 in favour of the Plymouth team, though the rink scores were tied at three-all. The best of the home rinks was the one of Paddy Chew, Chris Radburn, Peter Bates and s?ip, Susie Bonnell.
Due to the continued somewhat 'unseasonal weather' of late - all our other matches in the week were cancelled. Please could we see summer soon…