Sidmouth bowlers enjoy terrific Captain’s Day meeting
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowling Club has seen yet another busy week in the summer schedule, writes Susie Bonnell.
One of the summer highlight’s Captain’s Day, began things off with captain Mike Borst, leading Mike’s Marvels, challenging last year’s captain, John Mason, and his John’s Jokers team, to a match.
The match stopped halfway for a splendid tea of sandwiches and delicious cakes, provided for by a team of lovely ladies - Mike (and his fellow bowlers) was very appreciative of the lovely spread.
The winning side, was Mike’s Marvels in the end, with the winning rink for the men’s’ captain fielded by Ralph Brooks, Derek Mountford, Norman Brimson and Bob Daniels.
That all took place on Thursday and, the following day, the ladies were in friendly action at Honiton whole the men played an Over-60s League game with the A team entertaining Uffculme A
You may also want to watch:
The ladies had a great afternoon’s bowling, very much enjoying the sunshine and good company at Honiton, seeing old friends and catching up on news.
Meanwhile, at home, it was a much more serious game for the Sidmouth men. Securing a good win over Uffculme and the full eight points (with their sixth win in a row) in this very popular league, the A team finished their season last Friday finding themselves propelled into second place in the league table. They now stand a chance of returning straight back to Division One. However, this does all hinge on whether or not Heavitree A, currently four points behind, win their final game. The Sidmouth chaps wait with baited breath!
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford